As an independent advisor, we closely work together with our clients to manage their assets. Most often, the emphasis lies on how to obtain and maintain a good overview of the total wealth. The involvement of Waterland in the management and coordination of our clients’ wealth differs on a case-by-case basis.
- Preparation and implementation of a strategic financial plan;
- Providing continuous advice on asset allocation and risk management;
- Assessing investment proposals for assets such as private equity, real estate, informal investing and investment funds;
- Selection and monitoring of third parties such as banks and other asset managers, including performance and cost evaluation;
- Assistance with the implementation of investment policy;
- Administration of total assets, including consolidated management reporting.
Waterland is an active participant in financial markets, investing clients’ money as a discretionary asset manager. Our experience enables us to properly understand and evaluate external asset managers and to have a different perspective on asset allocation and portfolio risks. After all, the chosen allocation to various asset classes such as equities, fixed income and alternatives is crucial in explaining long-term investment returns.
Waterland has its own reporting and performance measurement system that is able to consolidate into a single report multiple investment portfolios from parties such as asset managers and custodian banks. Moreover, in addition to listed securities and investment funds, it is also possible to administrate real estate, art collections, debt/receivables and private equity. This means that an up-to-date overview of total assets is always available.
Because the objectives, wishes and composition of assets of our clients are always different, our solutions are by definition tailor-made.